8/30/13

Histamine Imbalance and Allergic Reactions

 

Did you know?  Hormone Imbalance can increase the production of histamines?

Hormone fluctuation (i.e. menopause) or deficiency could be a major cause of allergic reactions and other diseases such as Multiple Sclerosis according to Dr. Brewer.

See Dr. Brewer's Site on Histamine Imbalance and MS

Environmental irritants, foreign substances, and food allergies can trigger histamines, from reactions such as itching to rhinitis to an extreme systemic shutdown. Bee stings, dairy products, shellfish allergies, peanuts, molds, pollens,  certain clothing and animal dander can also cause reactions.

What can we do? 

  1. Visit the allergist to get tested. 

  2. Get your hormone levels checked.  It could be that you need to supplement your progesterone or other hormone production. 

  3. Eat foods rich in protein, vitamins, minerals, and omega 3 fatty acids help to maintain a healthy immune system.  Cut out junk food and soda.

  4. Exercise and drink plenty of water to increase the body’s ability to flush toxins from your system.

  5. Try herbal teas which can boost the immune system.

    More thoughts...Start using acidophilus daily for a healthier gut.  I also like to drink vinegar daily as well for my gut.  See my recipe.

    UPDATE: Today, I had an allergic reaction to something that immediately gave me a rash on my arm.  I put Lavender, an essential oil on the area and the rash was gone within around five to ten minutes.  Wow! I was impressed.  I will definitely try this again next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment